The 4 Perry's

A running description of the Perry family as we do life...

Monday, July 11, 2005

What a difference community makes!

So I just watched as my precious baby girl, Emma, walked up the street with Lexi and Jaeda to play for a few hours. As you know, our household has been turned upside down with this mono thing--but the amazing part is...our friends and community! We have been blessed with meals each night and someone to take Em to their house to play every single day that Paul hasn't been able to be home. We have friends who have come into our home and cleaned and played and cooked dinner so that I could get much needed rest. I feel so blessed and undeserving and yet I know this is how God calls us to live in community. I cannot imagine doing life any other way - my daughter knows love from so many different people and I love to watch her love them all right back. My husband has had a support system around him as he takes such amazing care of this household. I have been able to recover in peace and quiet. God has never left our side through all of this, even though I've tried to tackle so much of it on my own. I am forever moved and grateful for my wonderful friends and family and for the ways in which they've served us and Christ. I can only hope to have the same servant heart in any other situations we are faced with. God is so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home